4603 Coliseum Blvd | Alexandria, LA 71303 | 318.445.8233
The library's goal is to support the curriculum of Holy Savior Menard Central High School. To do so the library attempts to provide access to current, adequate, and appropriate information resources. The library includes extensive networked computer resources, an electronic card catalog, and serial resources.
Menard Library This link will take you to our online library. You can search for books and find out reading level or Accelerated Reader points.
To help raise money for the library, we are collecting Box Tops for Education and Community Coffee Proof of Purchase Seals.
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.This mission is accomplished by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats and instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading.
Resources in our library
In print: books and magazines
Electronic: Library Card Catalog, informational databases, Internet resources, and encyclopedias
Word processing, database/spreadsheets, publication, and presentation software
- To keep the Holy Savior Menard library running smoothly:
- Regular book checkout period is two weeks. Books may be renewed for another two-week period. (Exception: Reference books may not be checked out.)
- Periodicals may be checked out for five days.
- Students with overdue materials cannot check out any other library materials. School records will be held if a student has outstanding fines or checkouts.
- Overdue notices will be handed out periodically as a reminder that library materials are overdue.
- Students may check out a total of three items at the same time.
- Students are responsible for the replacement cost of all lost/damaged library materials.
- The library is available for students before and after school, during breaks, and both lunch periods.