4603 Coliseum Blvd | Alexandria, LA 71303 | 318.445.8233
HSM encourages active study and exploration of all the resources in the library. The library’s goal is to support the curriculum of the school by providing access to current, adequate, and appropriate information resources. The mission of the library is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats and instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading.
The library provides a wide variety of print and non-print media. Included are print and electronic books, periodicals, newspapers, and audiovisual materials. The library is open from 7:15am to 3:15pm and is for use by Holy Savior Menard students, faculty, and staff. It is open for student use before school, during breaks, lunch periods, and after school.
For the comfort of all library patrons, students and parents should be aware of the following library policies:
- The library is a place of QUIET for study, research, reading, and recollection. Activities, which disturb or distract others, will not be allowed. The library is not a student lounge. Loud, boisterous behavior will not be tolerated at any time. The computers located in the library are for academic use only and their use is governed by the same rules and regulations as computers located in classrooms and the computer labs. The Librarian reserves the right to restrict computer access to any student at any time for violation of any portion of the school’s computer use and Internet policies.
- No food or drink is to be brought into the library.
- Failure to obey the above policies at any time may result in a student being asked to leave the library and denied use for an extended period of time. Any violation of the school Internet/Technology Use Policies may also result in a loss of library privileges.
- Books may be checked out for a two-week loan period; these may be renewed if there is no hold on the item.
- Current periodicals are for IN-LIBRARY use only.
- Since the library is open for an appropriate period of time before and after school, REFERENCE BOOKS MAY NOT BE CHECKED OUT.
- Overdue fines of $.05 per day for two-week loan items will be charged.
- Patrons with overdue materials cannot check out any other library materials.
- School records will be held if a student has outstanding library fines or checkouts.
- Patrons may check out a total of three items at the same time.
- Patrons are responsible for the replacement cost of all lost/damaged library materials.
To help raise funds for library materials and Accelerated Reader rewards, the HSM library collects Box Tops for Education, Community Coffee Proof of Purchase Seals, and Coke Caps. Please e-mail Mrs. DeLacerda for more information on these programs at email@example.com.